Log Cabin Update

I’ve been working on the Log Cabin Quilt. I decided to give it a pretty wide (for me) border and I really think it pulls the top together and gives the eyes a place to rest.

I then started basting several days ago.

And eventually ran out of pins. I may have gone a little hard. Honestly, it was probably a half an inch or less between some of the pins, a bit overkill. But Rita at Red Pepper Quilts has said that the more pins the better so I thought I’d give it a try.

So I ordered more pins. And a Kwik Klip tool (which so far has been a lifesaver…or a fingertip saver as the case may be).

Once my quilt looked like a 15 year old kid who thinks they’re hardcore’s jean vest, I flipped it over to start rolling it up so I could start quilting.

And that’s when I saw the folds.

I tried unpinning part of the quilt to see if I could smooth things out and it kind of worked but I knew that if I left it I would be mad.

So I put the quilt in tine out and made another Christmas mug rug.

Last night I unpinned approximately 300 pins. Thank goodness I got the Kwik Klip. I’ll definitely have used it enough to give a review by the time this quilt is done.

I re-ironed the backing and made sure it was smooth before adding the backing and the top again. I took my time and made sure the clamps were working properly and started pinning again.

Hopefully I’ll be able to start quilting next week!

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.